MAKING SURE YOUR EMPLOYEES CAN BREATHE EASY
Do your employees wear a mask? Is your company in compliance with WISHA regulations? Your company will be in compliance with WISHA respiratory protection regulations if you have done the following basics…
- Written a company respiratory policy.
- Selected a company program administrator.
- Received a physician-signed respirator certificate for each employee who wears any type of respiratory protection. Certificates are non-expiring (see WAC 296-63-07156 for exceptions).
- Performed an annual mask-fit test in accordance with WAC 296-62-07160.
- Met the annual respiratory training and evaluation standards.
- Kept annual written documentation.
- Followed all other instructions listed in WAC 296-62 Part E.
If you have employees who need respiratory medical certification, you must get this done via a standard WAC questionnaire (available in English or Spanish) before they receive a mask-fit test and before they use a mask.