Christmas is just a few short days away, and everyone has so much going on these days, it’s easy to get distracted at work. “Is that present going to be shipped on time?” and “Did we forget to invite anyone to Christmas dinner?” fills the brain like visions of sugar-plums! As you hustle and bustle through the Holiday season, take a few seconds to look around you and make sure you’re encouraging a safe workplace. There are plenty of distractions during the Holidays, and chances are you’ve got enough to worry about without adding an on-the-job injury to that! With that in mind, here’s a few tips to stay safe around the workplace this Holiday season:
– If you bring Holiday treats to your office, label the ingredients people may have an allergy to, such as nuts, wheat or sesame seeds.
– Keep traffic and walkway paths clear of any office decorations.
– Make sure your Holiday office party stays classy. Provide safe rides home, limit the amount of alcohol and don’t let people overindulge.
– Make sure sidewalks and driveways are free of any ice or snow. Spread de-icer at night so the sidewalk will be free of ice the next morning.
– Keep overhangs and entryways of your office clear of icicles.
Don’t forget that despite all of the stress and craziness of the Holiday season, you should never be too busy to think about safety. But if something unfortunate does happen, don’t forget that Worker Care will be there to help you get back in the Holiday spirit!
So Merry Christmas to everyone, from all of us at Worker Care! Here’s hoping your Holiday season is merry, bright and safe!